Monday, 19 September 2016

Preliminary Research on Camera Work

Preliminary Research on the
 Task and its shots

For my first bit of preliminary research I am going to look into what the task wants me to do, such as match on action, continuity, shot/reverse shot and the 180-degree rule. This will be useful as I can fully comply with the brief if I know what the terms mean. It has helped me gain knowledge of camera angles and shots that I can add to my storyboards and films for my preliminary and actual film.



Continuity:

Continuity is where a scene flows correctly and that details are correct. This could be such as making sure that the way a character opens a door is the same from both sides.

180-Degree:

The 180-degree rule is where the two characters would be across from each other, they should maintain the same left/right relationship, and this could be used when maintaining continuity when exchanging lines.
 
 This image shows how it works in a format, which is a bit easier to understand.





Match on action:

Match on action is a type of editing where it is cut to another view that matches the first. An example of this would be a character walking up to a door, then cuts to a close up of the character reaching for the doorknob.



Shot/reverse shot:

Shot reverse shot is a technique is where one character is shown 
looking at another character. This is useful for continuity and
 exchanging lines between characters.










By Madeleine Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment